MEMORY & NERVOUS SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Improve Neuroplasticity*
- Reduce Oxidative Stress*
- Boost Cognition*
- Enhance Memory*
- 30 Servings
Lion’s Mane mushroom has a very unique appearance that looks just like a lion’s mane. Just as its appearance goes, so goes its effects. Lion’s Mane mushroom is one of the only mushrooms with strong cognitive benefits. The active components of Lion’s Mane have been shown to offer neuroprotective, cognitive-enhancing, and mood-boosting effects.
- Attenuates over-excitatory effects of glutamate
- Protects neurons from excessive stress
- Improves cognitive abilities
Optitune’s Lion’s Mane NRG contains 2,000mg of organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom as well as 50mg of caffeine, yerba matte, green tea, and theanine. These 4 ingredients help the user reap all the benefits of Lion’s Mane by providing a little bit of energy, anxiolysis (anti-anxiety), and memory enhancement.
A special type of mushroom containing active components Hericenones, Erinacines, and antioxidants.
- Improves neuron health by reducing overstimulation, promoting regeneration, and limiting stress.
- Has antioxidant effects
- Helps with managing lipids and metabolism
Caffeine Anhydrous is simply caffeine with no water (around .05%). This has been shown to make caffeine anhydrous more potent because the body will absorb it more readily.
- Although caffeine can affect a wide variety of motor and mental functions it is most commonly used to improve endurance exercise, focus, and cognitive performance, and improve energy levels.
- Caffeine has also been shown to have a thermogenic effect (heating/calorie burning) at rest and may increase the use of fats for fuel during exercise.
- According to the research higher doses of caffeine, in the 250-450mg range, are needed to provide an ergogenic benefit.
- In a study conducted by Astorino et al. (2010), active men given caffeine before resistance training were able to increase maximal torque, power, and volume by 5-8%.
Yerba matte is a south American plant that offers the stimulatory effects of coffee with the health benefits of tea. It contains caffeine, theobromine, theophylline, and numerous antioxidants.
- Yerba Matte may prevent lipid oxidation, which decreases the number of free radicals produced in the body.
- It has been shown to reduce fat as well as lower LDL cholesterol.
- Human studies have shown a reduction in inflammation when supplementing with Yerba Matte.
- A 2009 study performed by the Federal University of Santa Catarina noted Yerba Mate ingestion for 20-40 days, in healthy individuals, was shown to reduce body fat content as well as lower LDL cholesterol. In turn, the reduction of body fat and LDL cholesterol levels aided in lowering systolic blood pressure.
Green Tea Extract is an herbal derivative from green tea leaves, containing antioxidant ingredients and thermogenic compounds.
- This extract contains high amounts of catechins, including EGCG which helps with the metabolism of fat at rest and during exercise performance.
- Green tea also reduces the formation of free radicals in the body which protect cells and molecules from damage.
- A meta-analysis of 11 studies looking at green tea consumption over a period of 12 weeks’ minimum noted, on average, 1.31kg weight loss.
L-Theanine is an amino acid, that when consumed produces GABA, a neurotransmitter which acts on the brain to reduce the perceived stress.
- Research suggests that L-Theanine’s biggest supplemental role may be in taking the “edge” off of other stimulants.
- A combination of L-Theanine with caffeine is noted to be synergistic in promoting thermogenesis, cognition, and attention.
- Giesbrecht et al. found the combination of L-theanine and caffeine significantly improved accuracy during task switching, self-reported alertness, and reduced self-reported tiredness.